Prof. Vladimír MATOLÍN, DrSc.
Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic, EU
Position: Director of Research Infrastructure Surface Physics Laboratory-Materials Science Beamline of the ERIC-CERIC European Research Infrastructure Consortium, Chair of Board of Directors of the CERIC-ERIC, Professor at Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Department of Surface and Plasma Science, Prague, Czech Republic.
At the NANOCON´17 conference professor Matolín will present invited lecture at the Session B - Industrial and Environmental Applications of Nanomaterials.
Personal and professional background:
Vladimir Matolin graduated at Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University (CZ), he was awarded PhD. degree at Charles University in Prague (1982) and University of Aix-Marseille III, France (1987).
He worked at several foreign institution:
- 1985 - 1989 Assistant Professor, University of Aix-Marseille III, France,
- 1991 - 1992 Research Associate, University of Aix-Marseille III, France,
- 1993 - 2002 Professor at Clermond-Ferrand University, France,
- 1990 - 4 month Post-doctoral stay - Federal Inst. of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland,
- 2005 - 8 month Overseas Fellow at National Institute for Materials Science, Tsukuba, Japan,
- 2002 - Doctor Honoris Causa, Blaise Pascal University, Clermont-Ferrand, France,
- 2002 - Chevalier dans l´Ordre des Palmes Academiques, French Primary Minister honor.
Author or co-author of 356 papers indexed in WOS, 4463 citations and H-index 34.
Most important papers:
- G.N. Vayssilov, Y. Lykhach, A. Migani, T. Staudt, G.P. Petrova, N. Tsud, T. Skala, A. Bruix, F. Illas, K.C. Prince, V. Matolin, K.M. Neyman, J. Libuda, Support nanostructure boosts oxygen transfer to catalytically active platinum nanoparticles, Nat. Mater. 10, 310 (2011)
- O. Stetsovych, F. Dvorak, L. Szabova, S. Fabris, J. Myslivecek,V. Matolin, Nanometer-Range Strain Distribution in Layered Incommensurate Systems, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 266102 (2012),
- V. Stetsovych, F. Pagliuca, F. Dvorak, T. Duchon, M. Vorokhta, M. Aulicka, J. Lachnitt, S. Schernich, I. Matolinova, K. Veltruska, T. Skala, D. Mazur, J. Myslivecek, J. Libuda, V. Matolin, Epitaxial Cubic Ce2O3 Films via Ce–CeO2 Interfacial Reaction, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 4, 866 (2013)
- F. Dvořák, M. Farnesi Camellone, A. Tovt, N. Tran, F. R. Negreiros, M. Vorokhta, T. Skála, I. Matolínová, J. Mysliveček, V. Matolín, and S. Fabris, Creating single-atom Pt-ceria catalysts by surface step decoration, Nat. Commun. 7, 10801 (2016)
- Lykhach, Y; Kozlov, SM; Skala, T; Tovt, A; Stetsovych, V; Tsud, N; Dvorak, F; Johanek, V; Neitzel A; Myslivecek, J; Fabris, S; Matolin, V; Neyman, KM; Libuda, J Counting electrons on supported nanoparticles, Nat. Mater., 15: 284–288, 2016,
- Stetsovych, O; Dvorak, F; Szabova, L; Fabris, S; Myslivecek, J; Matolin, V Nanometer-Range Strain Distribution in Layered Incommensurate Systems Phys. Rev. Lett., 109, 266102 (2012)
- T. Mori, V. Matolin, I. Matolinova, Japanese patent, "CeO2-SnO2 fuel cell catalyst", No. 5158760, 2012
- V. Matolin "Method for preparing oxidation catalyst and catalyst prepared by the oxidation": US patent, No. US 8435921 B2, 2013; Japanese patent, No. 5214032, 2013; Korean patent, No 10-1331108, 2013; Chinese patent, No. CN 102186588, 2013, Euro-Asian patent, No. 019445 B1, 2014; Indian patent, No. 266215, 2015, European patent EP09759639.9 2016.